Selling during Halloween?
Similar to most holidays, simplicity is often the key when it comes to selling your home during Halloween. Opt for understated decor such as pumpkins, mums, and subtle autumn scents to enhance the seasonal ambiance and create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Try to minimize the presence of ghosts and goblins.
During the fall season, it becomes even more crucial to have your blinds open and all lights turned on. As the days grow shorter and the weather gets drizzly, maintaining a well-lit interior is essential. While a pleasant aroma can be appealing, it's advisable to use it sparingly, as overpowering scents may raise concerns among potential buyers about masking underlying issues. Consider using a crock pot to fill the home with the comforting aroma of an autumn chili.
For exterior decorations, a few tasteful fall embellishments can work wonders. However, ensure that pathways and stairs remain clear and easily accessible. Keep these areas free from leaves, and tend to the garden to prepare it for the end of the season.
Amidst the changing leaves and cooling weather, it's vital to prepare your home for the autumn season. Here are some valuable maintenance suggestions:
- Clearing Gutters: Remove leaves and debris from your gutters to prevent blockages and potential water damage.
- HVAC Inspection: Arrange a professional assessment of your heating system to ensure it's in peak working condition for the colder months.
- Draft Check: Seal any gaps or cracks in doors and windows to enhance energy efficiency.
- Lawn Maintenance: Rake leaves, aerate your lawn, and apply fertilizer to encourage healthy grass growth.
- Outdoor Tidy-Up: Store outdoor furniture and ready your garden for winter.
- Safety Review: Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace batteries as needed.
By following these steps, you'll safeguard your home and uphold its value throughout the fall and winter seasons
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are member’s of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.